- Photo of Allen's big-eared bat chosen for Arizona Game and Fish Department's Wildlife Calendar 2009.
- 2008 Arizona Game and Fish Department Outdoor Writer of the Year.
- March 2008. Recipient of" Women Making History" for "Arts", a Kingman city award that honors women who have made achievements in their community.
- Arizona Associated Press (AP)- 1st Place- Feature Photography, 2008.
- Arizona “Photo of the Month” for March 2007 (for Grand Canyon Skywalk photo)
- and again in January 2009. Both Associated Press (AP).
- 1st Place Feature Photography and Feature/Specialty Writing,
3rd Place Sports and News Photography (Dailies) Western Newspapers, Inc, 2006.
- 1st Place Feature Photography,
2nd Place Sports and News Photography (Dailies) Western Newspapers, Inc, 2005.
- 3rd Place Best News Photograph.
Judge wrote: “The photo told a news story in itself, which is what this category is all about.” Arizona Newspapers Association (ANA) 2006.
2nd Place, Best Feature Photo Layout (for “Bats” article).
Arizona Newspapers Association 2005.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Animation with Honors and award for" Best Portfolio of Graduating Class of Fall 2000".
AAS in Computer Animation- March 1999- The Art Institute of Phoenix
- Best of Show, Fine Arts Professional Division, Mohave County Fair 1995 and 2002.
- 3rd Place- Drawing Category, 2002- Arizona State Fair.
- Arizona Watercolor Association 1999 Scholarship.
- Prize winner in Viz Comics' No Need For Tenchi Fan Art Contest- Summer 2000.
Blast from the past: At the age of ten, I received several citations from the U.S. Forest Service and California Department of Forestry to recognize the anti-forest fire message in my comic strip “Rusty the Red Fox and His Friends”, which was published in the Mountain Press Newspaper.
Author and illustrator of two internationally published books for Watson-Guptill Publications, a division of Random House. "Drawing Wildlife" (2005) and "Drawing Manga Animals, Chibis, and Other Adorable Creatures" (2009) Drawing Wildlife is currently available in English, French, Italian and Dutch.
Staff Photo and Videojournalist at Kingman Daily Miner. Provide digital news photos, illustrations, covers for special features, weekly comic strip entitled “Hanging On”, special feature photography and writing (often with a focus on wildlife). Now working with HDV video camera, shooting, editing and uploading videos on KDM website.
Participant in the formation and functioning of Mohave CARE-Net, a coalition of animal welfare, control and business groups working to improve the situation for companion animals (and those who care about them) in Mohave County.
Designed the mascot “Y’ser Coyote” in 2004 for the COYOTE Youth Program of the Mohave County One-Stop. Provide new thematic illustrations each year.
A Featured Author for KABAM (Kingman Area Books Are Magic) Festival from its beginning in 2005 and every year since.
3D Computer Animator and Character Designer at Cinematix Studios 2000-2001.
Artist/author of two comic book serial stories published by Radio Comix:
“Out of Oakwood Forest”, (still consistently rated as one of reader’s top ten stories in “Furrlough” as of 2007), and “Spiral”, an anime/manga-inspired fantasy story published in MangaPhile.
Designed highly successful T-shirt illustrations for Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Adobe Mountain Wildlife Center, completed several fine art and illustration commissions, and donated several drawings to charities.
Participated in the prestigious, juried Phippen Western Art Show in 1996 and had a painting published in Wildlife Art Magazine in 1998.
I am comfortable working in both traditional art media and high-tech computer software. In art I often employ a wide range of techniques to accomplish my goals, using whatever media I feel is best suited for a project. My photography is all digital.
And let’s not forget:
1st Place in Golden Valley Days 2006 Coyote Calling Contest!
(Above) My wildlife photographs are displayed at the Kingman Powerhouse along Route 66, visited by people from all over the world.
Click Here To Read More About Me (and my trip to Scotland).